Monday, August 1, 2011

I am an addict!

“Hello my name is Samantha Severson and I am a facebook addict.” I cannot be the only person who should be attending facebook addiction support. Every time I kill one of my phones I go through withdrawal. I get twitchy, irritable, and my skin itches all over.  A minute seems to take an hour. I managed to occupy myself for a whole three minutes before I began climbing the walls in an effort to calm myself.  I start to worry that I will never be able to access facebook whenever I please.  I can handle the first five minutes without access to facebook, but after then, everything starts to get blurry.
I mean what in the world do I do for amusement if I have to sit through more than one traffic light? Or if the person I am having a conversation with is boring me? Or while I am waiting for a movie to start? Or while I waiting for the waiter to bring my food? Or while I am hold with the customer service representative who sounds like they definitely do not reside in America. So many opportunities for boredom. I need to fill those time sucks with constant updates of my “friends” mundane life events and the hilarious but poor choices of life partners/jobs and their general poor education and economic decisions.
I compulsively check facebook whenever I can. So the first step of addiction is admitting you have a problem. Clearly even Stevie Wonder can see my phones spends so much time on facebook that when my data bill is analyzed, I found out I spend 98.9% of my data package on facebook.  I have a problem. Now someone please help me. I could wean myself off of facebook using twitter, but isn’t  that is just replacing one social network with another? I can’t possibly be the only person who has to know what all 500 of their closest “friends” are doing at all times.

Thank God for facebook mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment